Saturday, March 31, 2007

In Loving Memory of Aunty Geetha


28th March 2007 is the day which my dearest aunty left this world to be in a better place.It is the most sad thing which happened to me this year. I rushed down to Kuantan to attend the funeral and on the way back to uni, all i could think of is the times Ashvini and I spent together..all the fun times...all the outings...all the weirdest things we wud do and get scolding for...all the joy and all the sorrows...I think the most memorable time would have been while being neighbours.For every small thing i would run to their house.Even when i fought with my bro, i ran there to hide and shuhanth put the hockey stick outside so tht my bro wont come! there are many more things which i happened throughout this 16years being in Kuantan. All the tears and joy we endured together. It is something that i would cherish throught the years.
Aunty was like a mother to me, she always treated me like one of her children.I spent quite a lot of time with them. She took care of me when papa went for his operation,she sent me to skool when mummy was busy,she dressed me up for charity dinner,church functions and many many more...Oh one thing i would never forget is she took me to pierce my ears and amazingly i didnt scream or cry when she took me.Because mummy had tried to take me to do it, so many times but failed. Not forgetting aunty's superb cooking, the best dish no one can beat is her mutton.She had a special touch for cooking. In fact her warmth and her love touched many people around her. While writing this particular blog, im trying to recollect everything so that i can pen it down but so many things happened beyond the explanation of words...i guess silence speaks for itself.
Things happen for a reason and sometimes it is so difficult to accept especially when we have to let go of our dear ones...I know aunty is in a better place now watching over us...i'm gonna miss u a lot....I LOVE YOU!!


Wings Of The Angels

A gentle wind blew cross the land
Reaching out to take a hand
For on the winds the angels came
Calling out a mother's name.
Left behind, the children's tears
Loving memories of the years
Of joy and love, a life well spent
And now to God a mother's sent
On angel's wings, a heavenly flight
The journey home, towards the light
To those who weep, a life is gone
But in God's love, 'tis but the dawn.

4 comments:

m1nglu3n said...

It's good to know that she's somewhere better now :) And we should in a way, be happy for her.

My condolences dear Sarah. Call me if you need anything. God bless...

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post..
She'll be happy too...
Take care, Navita

Janice said...

Aw.She's really a sweet lady.
My deepest condolence, gal...
Cheer up:)

Anonymous said...

hey sweety,

U wont believe it but only now i am reading this. Ash and papa told me that u wrote about mom, and ash even started reading it to me. But only today i actually read it. Thanks a lot. I could not have written better.

see ya